Passing Custom Parameters to Advertiser's Landing Page
In some cases there is a need to pass custom data from the pages where the ads are being displayed to the advertisers' landing pages.
To do so, the following setup is required:
The Invocation Codes, which are provided to the Publisher contain special placeholders for Custom Parameters - supp_custom_params. For example:
The supp_custom_params should be populated with the required Custom Parameters and their values. I.e., if it is needed to pass the 'age' and 'size' parameters, the Invocation Code should be:
The way to generate and pass the values for the Custom Parameters ('value1' and 'value2' in the example above) is left on Publishers' consideration.
As an Advertiser, follow these steps to receive the parameters passed from the Publishers:
- Log into your network account and go to the Advertisers tab.
- Navigate to the Advertiser > Campaign > Banner.
- Add ?parameter1=$$CUSTOM_PARAM(name)$$¶meter2=$$CUSTOM_PARAM(name)$$ to Advertiser's landing page URL field.
- Any other names can be used instead of 'parameter1' and 'parameter2'.
- 'name' in the $$CUSTOM_PARAM(name)$$ string should be replaced exactly with the parameters that are passed by the Publisher. For the example above (age and size), the URL would be:
To check if everything is working properly, visit the Publisher's page and click the Banner. You should be redirected to the landing page, where the $$CUSTOM_PARAM(name)$$ macros will be replaced with the actual values. For our example, it would be:
Passing Custom Parameters in Vast Tags
The whole process is exactly the same as for the regular Banners. The only difference is that the &cp.name=value&cp.name=value string should be used instead of ?parameter1=$$CUSTOM_PARAM(age)$$¶meter2=$$CUSTOM_PARAM(size)$$. For example:
Need more help?
Should you require any additional help with our solutions, do not hesitate to contact Epom technical support at email@example.com. Our support managers are dedicated to resolving any issues and providing you with solutions and support if you face difficulties or have questions.