Targeting is a major ad serving feature that allows advertisers to limit the display of ads to specific groups of users based on the certain parameter(s).
In addition to the pre-defined parameters (such as Country, Language, Device Type), Epom Ad Server provides the Custom Targeting option, thus making the Targeting options almost unlimited.
In order to activate the Targeting feature, please follow these steps:
- Log into your network account and go to the Advertisers tab.
- To set Targeting
- For the entire Campaign: navigate to an existing Advertiser > Campaign or add the new ones.
- For a specific Banner: navigate to an existing Advertiser > Campaign > Banner or add new ones.
- Choose INCLUDE or EXCLUDE Targeting type.
- Select the Targeting parameter.
- Specify the value.
Pre-defined Targeting options
Pre-defined Targeting options are based on the types of ads that are being served:
|Display Ads||Mobile Ads||Video Ads|
Available Operating Systems:
- Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, Other)
- Mac OS X (Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, Other)
- iOS (3.1.x, 4.2.x, 5.1.x, 6.1.x, 7.0.x, 8.0.x, Other)
- Android (Eclair 2.0.x, Eclair 2.1.x, Froyo 2.2.x, Gingerbread 2.3.x, Honeycomb 3.0.x, Honeycomb 3.1.x, Honeycomb 3.2.x, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.x, Jelly Bean 4.1.x, Jelly Bean 4.2.x, Jelly Bean 4.3.x, KitKat 4.4.x, Lollipop 5.x, Marshmallow 6.x, Other)
- XrossMediaBar (XMB)
- Palm OS
- Chrome OS
- Windows Phone
- Internet Explorer (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, Other)
- Firefox (15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Other)
- Chrome (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Other)
- Opera (10, 11, 12, Other)
- Opera Mini
- Safari (4, 5, 6, Other)
- Mobile Safari
- Firefox Mobile
- Internet Explorer Mobile
- UC Web, Bolt, Skyfire, Android Webkit, TeaShark, Blazer, Firefox Minimo, S60 Web Browser, Openwave, Obigo, BlackBerry, NetFront, Opera Mobile, Kindle, Dolphin, Motorola Internet Browser, Chrome Mobile, NineSky, Jasmine, UC Browser, Ovi Browser, IBrowse, IceWeasel, Phantom, QQ Browser, PlayStation Browser, PlayStation Portable Browser, Unidentified MIDP Browser, iBrowser, SEMC Browser, Songbird, K-Meleon, Netscape, Firefox Mobile, Yandex.
All the Targeting information in Epom Ad Server is verified with the help of IP2Location© database. Alternatively, it is possible to switch Country and Location targeting in your network to MaxMind© database if there is a mismatch with your partners, for example. To do so, please contact Epom Customer Support.
The Mass Include/Exclude option can be used to add a large number of values for Targeting all at once. In order to use this feature, click the Mass Including/Excluding button and add all the values you need (comma-separated) into the text field that appears and click :
Tips and Tricks
- Different Targeting types work according to the AND rule (e.g., user should meet all the specified Targeting requirements).
- When Targeting is set both on Campaign and Banner levels, both Targetings will be applied by the AND rule.
- Exclude Targeting type has a higher priority than Include. In case of a collision, the Exclude rule will be selected by the system.
Need more help?
Should you require any additional help with our solutions, do not hesitate to contact Epom technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our support managers are dedicated to resolving any issues and providing you with solutions and support if you face difficulties or have questions.