Pixel Tracking is one of the Conversion tracking methods, which includes using Actions and placing an invisible pixel on the specific page(s) of your web site (most commonly, on the Thank You pages). This allows Epom Ad Server to keep track of the Banner(s) seen (or clicked) by user, and use that information to count the Conversions towards the proper Banner.
Standard case for Pixel Tracking is as follows:
- User navigates to a web page with a Banner.
- When the Banner is viewed (or clicked), a Cookie with the Banner information is loaded to the user's browser.
- User then makes a Conversion, and visits the landing page (i.e.: order completion, registration confirmation, opt-in page, etc.)
- The invisible Tracking Pixel is loaded. If it 'finds' the Cookie from step #2 in the user's browser cache, Conversion count is increased for the Banner.
Please follow these steps to start using JS Pixel Tracking:
- Log into your network account and go to the Actions tab.
- Create a new Action.
- Navigate to the Advertisers tab.
- Select an existing Advertiser > Campaign or add the new ones.
- Activate the Actions pane from the right side menu:
- Select the Action you created from the list.
- Click in the top left corner of the pane. A window containing JS Pixel Tracking code and Pixel Tracking URLs will be displayed:
Pixel Tracking specifics
- Conversions in Analytics are only counted for the Banners from the same Campaign where the Tracking Pixel is set.
- Pixel Tracking doesn't work with those Ad Units that do not have the Click events (i.e., Pop-unders, Redirects).
- $$TIMESTAMP$$ parameter in Pixel Tracking URLs is an optional parameter that can be neglected.
Need more help?
Should you require any additional help with our solutions, do not hesitate to contact Epom technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our support managers are dedicated to resolving any issues and providing you with solutions and support if you face difficulties or have questions.