Server-to-Server tracking (Postback tracking) is a secure and reliable alternative to Pixel Tracking. It is most commonly used when the Pixel Tracking can not be used either for technical (i.e., mobile environments) or legal (i.e., Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications) reasons.
Epom Ad Server includes two options for Server-to-Server tracking: ACTION_DATA and SUB_ID.
To start using the SUB_ID method:
- Log into your network account.
- Navigate to the Actions tab and add a new Action.
- Double-click the Action:
- Copy the Sub ID token from the Sub ID section of the Action Tracking pane.
- Copy the Action Track URL and provide it to your Advertiser.
- On the Campaign page: Activate the Actions pane from the right side menu.
- On the Banner page: Specify the URL and add the ?actionID=$$SUB_ID(action)$$ token to it; the value in brackets is unique for every Action. (Note: any other Custom Parameter can be used instead of 'subId').
- Link the Placement to the Banner you've created previously.
- Copy the Invocation Code.
The Advertiser should 'fire' the Action Tracking URL you've provided once the Conversion is complete. Due to the diversity of the sites, it is usually left to the advertisers' discretion how to perform that.
Testing Action Track URLs
To check if the Action Track URLs is working properly:
- Start your browser and access the Developer Tools. For example, launch Google Chrome and select Tools > Developer Tools from the Chrome menu.
- Go to the Network sub-tab of the Developer Tools.
- Copy the Action Tracking URL with the Conversion Key added to it (the one you are to provide to your advertisers) and paste it to your browser's address field.
- Press Enter and check the request status. It should read 'Status 200 OK':
- Log into your network account in Epom Ad Server and go to the Analytics tab.
- Configure the Analytics report:
- Select the proper Banner from the Advertisers Filter.
- Choose the Action you added from the Action Filter.
Need more help?
Should you require any additional help with our solutions, do not hesitate to contact Epom technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our support managers are dedicated to resolving any issues and providing you with solutions and support if you face difficulties or have questions.