Roles & Permissions
User Roles & Permissions allow Network Supervisors to add new roles in your network and manage what actions and features are available to certain account types. To access this functionality, log into your Network Supervisor account and click User Roles & Permissions from the Users & Accounts group of the side menu.
To create a new account type click Add Role. The following window will be displayed:
Here you need to specify the following:
- Static Role - identifies the account designation (network user or administrator account).
- Role Name - the name for the new role.
- Copy all settings from (optional) - copy all the permissions settings from an existing role.
Click Save. The new account type will be created and will appear in the ribbon along with the default ones.
To change the availability of certain features, and allow or forbid performing certain actions you can change the corresponding values for the accounts. The available values are:
- ENABLED: setting or functionality is available and can be managed.
- DISABLED: feature is not available or visible.
- READONLY: the setting is visible, but can not be modified.
- ALL value means that a user is able to change the settings for all objects of this type.
- NONE value means that changing the settings for any objects of this type is prohibited.
- SHARED value means that a user can change the settings only for those objects which are shared to them.
Administration-related items may contain the following values:
- Create - defines whether a user can create certain entity (i.e., create a new account type).
- View - defines whether a user can see the corresponding entities.
- Update - defines the right to update (edit) preferences of an existing entity.
- Delete - defines whether a user can delete an entity.
The default list of permissions for this and other account types is available in the Default Set of Roles and Permissions article.
Need more help?
Should you require any additional help with our solutions, do not hesitate to contact Epom technical support at email@example.com. Our support managers are dedicated to resolving any issues and providing you with solutions and support if you face difficulties or have questions.