Direct Deal feature is designed to establish direct connection between two Epom Networks.
It allows running a campaign from one Network on the traffic from the other one, with almost no intermediary losses of ad opportunities,
synchronized analytical data, and simple and powerful tools to manage campaigns.
Direct Deals are compatible only with Universal JS Invocation Codes which are used for cross-network ad serving.
To activate Direct Deal for the network please contact your Epom Manager.
In order to start you need to send an Invitation to your Partner from your Network Manager account.
Make sure that your First Name, Last Name and Email fields are specified in Personal Information panel. While other fields such as Company Name or Web-site are optional, filling them helps your partners to identify or contact you.
- Go to Preferences tab.
- Scroll down to Partners panel and press + button. Invitation form will be displayed:
- Fill out Invitation form fields: You partner's e-mail (mandatory), Site in your account and/or Advertiser in your account and press OK button. Site is where placements linked to your partner's account will be automatically created, and vise versa - Advertiser is where banners will be created and linked to your partner's account.
- 'Invite sent successfully' message will be displayed.
- Info about this Partner will be added to the Partners panel with Pending Status in your Preferences tab. At the same time, your Partner will 'receive' this invite in similar Partners panel of his/her network with Invited Status.
- Your Partner should press Accept button and fill out Site in your account and/or Advertiser in your account fields with appropriate Site/Advertiser name, for which he/she wants to create connection with:
- Status will be changed to Active for both networks, which means that Direct Deal connection is created successfully.
Direct Deal Partners Status
Direct Deal Partners may have one of the following Statuses:
- Pending - Invitation is sent but not accepted by the Partner yet.
- Invited - new Invitation is received.
- Active - Invitation is accepted by the Partner or you accepted the Invitation.
- Denied - Invitation is declined by the Partner.
- Deleted - Invitation is deleted by the Partner.
When 'relations' between the Partners are set as Active on both ends, it's time to create Direct Deal Campaign or Direct Deal Zone.
When you create Direct Deal Campaign in your network, Direct Deal Zone is created in your Partner's network with the same name. And vise versa, when you create Direct Deal Zone the linked campaign will be added to your partner's network.
Direct Deal Campaign
To create Direct Deal Campaign please follow the steps below:
- Go to Advertiser selected for Direct Deal in the Invitation and Press Add Direct Deal button:
- Fill out Direct Deal Campaign Name, select Partner from the list and press Save button.
Direct Deal Campaign is created with Pending Direct deal status.
Direct Deal Zone is created simultaneously in your Partner's network with the same name as your Direct Deal Campaign. When your Partner presses Approve on this Direct Deal Zone, Direct Deal Status is changed to Linked for both Direct Deal Campaign and Direct Deal Zone.
- It's possible to Pass Channel/Not Pass Channel and Pass Custom Parameter/Not Pass Custom Parameter with the help of appropriate switchers:
- To create Direct Deal Banner press Add New Banner (for Site, Non-Standard or Mobile Site Placement). Banner is created with Status: Paused and Banner Type: Direct Deal Banner:
Placement with the same type, size and name will be created within the Direct Deal Zone at your Partner's network with Paused Status and turned off. When your Partner turns the Placement on, Status of both Placement and Banner will be changed to Linked.
Direct Deal Banner can be linked to either Placement or Direct Deal Placement with appropriate type and size.
Name and ID of this Advertiser is also displayed in the Partners panel.
In case if Direct Deal Campaign is turned off in one network, Direct Deal Zone will be Paused in Partner's network. And vise versa - Direct Deal Campaign will be Paused in one network if Direct Deal Zone is turned off in Partner's network. Only if both Direct Deal Campaign and Direct Deal Zone are active (have Linked Status) they will receive traffic.
Direct Deal Zone
To create Direct Deal Zone please follow the steps below:
- Go to Publisher selected for Direct Deal in the Invitation and Press Add Direct Deal button:
- Fill out Direct Deal Publisher Name, select Partner from the list and press Save button.
Direct Deal Zone is created with Pending Direct Deal Status.
Direct Deal Campaign is created simultaneously in your Partner's network with the same name as your Direct Deal Publisher. When your Partner presses Approve on this Direct Deal Campaign, Direct Deal Status is changed to Linked for both Direct Deal Zone and Direct Deal Campaign.
- In order to track clicks please check appropriate checkbox:
- To create Direct Deal Placement press Add New Placement (Site, Non-Standard or Mobile Site Placement). Placement is created with Status: Paused.
Direct Deal Banner with the same type, size and name will be created within the Direct Deal Campaign at your Partner's network with Paused Status and turned off. When your Partner turns the Banner on, Status of both Banner and Placement will be changed to Linked.
Direct Deal Placement can be linked to either Banner or Direct Deal Banner with appropriate type and size.
Name and ID of this Publisher is also displayed in the Partners panel.
Direct Deal Campaign/Direct Deal Zone Status
Direct Deal Campaign and Direct Deal Zone can have one of the Statuses listed below:
- Pending - Direct Deal Campaign and Direct Deal Zone are created.
- Paused - Direct Deal is approved and at least one object is Inactive.
- Linked - both Direct Deal Campaign and Direct Deal Zone are Active.
- Deleted - Direct Deal is declined.
- Active - both objects receive traffic.
Need more help?
Should you require any additional help with our solutions, do not hesitate to contact Epom technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our support managers are dedicated to resolving any issues and providing you with solutions and support if you face difficulties or have questions.