This article covers the Placement types designed for the Desktop devices: Standard and Non-standard Site Placements.
Standard Placements are a rotation pool of ads which accepts all standard ad formats.
To add a Standard Site Placement:
- Log into your network account and go to the Publishers tab.
- Select an existing Site > Zone or add new ones.
- Click the Add Site Placement icon and fill out the form that appears:
- The following Sizes are available: Medium Rectangle (300x250); Skyscraper (120x600); Rectangle (180x150); Leaderboard (728x90); Full Banner (468x60); Wide Skyscraper (160x600); Half Page Ad (300x600); Button 2 (120x60); Micro Bar (88x31); XXL Box (468x648); Custom.
- With the Custom Banner Size option you can specify the dimensions of the ad unit yourself.
- Flexible Placement Size: This checkbox identifies if the Ad Units (Banners) that are smaller than the Placement size can be linked to the Placement.
- Default Code: In case there is no Placement that would fit a certain user, the default code will be displayed. The Impression won't be counted towards Epom Analytics.
Invocation codes / HTML Samples
An Invocation Code is an ad tag, which invokes (calls) Epom Ad Server to deliver ads. It should be inserted into the web-pages of your site where you would like the ads to be displayed. The set of available codes depends on the Placement type.
This pane displays the priority of the Banners' display with regard to the users' preferences such as Country, Browser, Operating System, or Priority.
Includes all the Banners connected to the Placement in question.
In this pane you can set the Daisy Chaining or Waterfall Chaining of the Banners connected to this Placement.
In this pane you can set the Pricing for the Placement in question.
In this pane you can insert the code for 3rd party tracking for the Placement. More information regarding the Piggyback Pixel tracking is available in the following article.
Non-Standard Site Placement
Non-Standard Site Placements are a rotation pool of multiple ads which accept non-standard ad formats. It is quite similar to the Standard Placement. However, the following items are not available:
- Ad Unit Size. Non-Standard Placement accepts all types of Non-Standard banners, while Standard Placement allows specifying acceptable Banner sizes.
- Iframe Sync, Iframe Async and Simple Iframe Invocation Codes.
- Flexible Site Placement option.
- Refresh after (seconds) option option.
Need more help?
Should you require any additional help with our solutions, do not hesitate to contact Epom technical support at email@example.com. Our support managers are dedicated to resolving any issues and providing you with solutions and support if you face difficulties or have questions.