Epom Ad Server includes automatic Validation Tools to detect suspicious ad serving activity that might be caused by scripts that are imitating legitimate user actions. Epom's Validation Tools are based on the combinations of various parameters collected for each user such as:
- IP address,
- Event times (Impressions, Clicks, Conversions, etc.),
- Browser name and version,
- Placement Type.
To access the Validation Settings, log into your Network Supervisor account and click the corresponding item in the System Maintenance group. The panel consists of three tabs:
- Validation Settings.
Here you can enable or disable:
- Impressions Validation,
- Clicks Validation,
- Conversions Validation.
Additional options include:
- Don't record the same user sequential conversions': enable/disable the recording conversions from the same user towards Epom Analytics.
- Impression Signature Check : with this option enabled, Epom Ad Server will be verifying unique signatures for Impressions in case third-party obtains the Impression URL and tries to call it repeatedly.
- IP Blacklist Check: Epom Ad Server will ignore all the actions from the IPs that are blacklisted for your network.
In this tab you can block IP addresses (which were detected as fraudulent, for example), or white-list the IP addresses that you don't want to be blocked. The IP field supports both singular IP addresses and IP ranges:
To process multiple entries it is possible to upload a CSV file with the following structure:
The status column supports two values:
- w - the IP address(es) will be white-listed.
- b - the IP address(es) will be banned.
This panel serves the same purpose as the previous one. The key difference is that certain Placement types of selected User-Agents can either be banned or white-listed.
Need more help?
Should you require any additional help with our solutions, do not hesitate to contact Epom technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our support managers are dedicated to resolving any issues and providing you with solutions and support if you face difficulties or have questions.