Daisy and Waterfall Chaining
Daisy Chaining is a special way to organize the display of ads within one Placement so that they would be chained: when the first ad reaches its limit, the second ad will be displayed, then the third, and so on.
Alternatively, Waterfall Chaining allows you to organize the simultaneous ad display within a specified range: every time the placement is accessed, the next active ad in the chain will be displayed. This is useful if you would like display frequency to be distributed evenly between multiple ads, for example.
Daisy Chaining supports two modes:
- Banner mode: Only the Banners linked directly to the Placement participate in the chaining.
- Campaign mode: All the Campaigns that have at least one Banner linked to the Placement are tracked, and all the Banners from these Campaigns are added to the Daisy Chaining.
Here's what you need to do in order to set the Daisy Chaining ad campaign:
- Create a new Site > Zone > Placement and link it with several banners.
- Enable the Daisy Chaining pane by clicking the corresponding button.
- Specify the Lookup depth, which represents for the number of banners that will be chained.
- Organize the ads' chaining order by selecting an ad from the list and clicking Up or Down:
- As an additional option, the Banners can be chained by their Priorities, and based on the Country values. To do so, select the Apply Priorities checkbox and specify the settings as per your needs, i.e.:
In order to set the Waterfall Chaining, please also select the View 1-N per banner checkbox and fill in how many times you would like each ad to be displayed. For example, if you set this value to '2', the ads will be displayed in the following order:
- Ad #1
- Ad #1
- Ad #2
- Ad #2
and so on.
In addition to this, you can also limit the number of times the chain will be processed by selecting the Rotate 1-N per banner checkbox and filling in the value. Once this value is exceeded, the last ad in the chain will be displayed constantly:
For example, if you set the View 1-N per banner to 10, and Rotate 1-N per banner to 15,every ad will be displayed 10 times within one chain, and the entire chain will be processed 15 times. After that, the last banner in the chain will be displayed every time the placement is accessed.
Tips and Trciks
- If the number of Banners linked to the Placement is higher than the Lookup depth value, only the first X Banners will be shown, while others will never be displayed.
- If the a certain Priority group is deselected in the Daisy Chaining pane, the ads from this group will be served based on regular prioritization settings (and not be a part of Daisy Chaining).
- New Banners will always be added to the end of the chain.
Need more help?
Should you require any additional help with our solutions, do not hesitate to contact Epom technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our support managers are dedicated to resolving any issues and providing you with solutions and support if you face difficulties or have questions.