Epom is a cross-platform ad-serving platform for ad campaigns management, monitoring and optimization. Epom provides customers with a unified platform to serve ads on display, mobile web and mobile applications. We are looking to extend our small but strong Epom Development team by Senior Java Developer on a long-term basis.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Communicate with development team, product owners and business users;
- Evaluate feature requests against solution architecture and non-functional requirements;
- Provide estimates of development and integration efforts;
- Identify and report project technical risks;
- Participate in planning of development strategy for each iteration;
- Drive feature development lifecycle as part of Agile process;
- Develop unit tests (using JUnit, JMock) and integration tests along with new or redesigned feature development;
- Document development results in source code and wiki;
- Document issue fix results in issue tracking system;
- Setup development environment;
- Collaborate with Solution Architect to maintain solution architecture;
- Collaborate with QA team to improve and extend test automation;
- Assist customer support on analyzing and resolving customer issues.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience;
- 3+ years of development experience in Java;
- Strong experience in developing complex web applications (using Spring/JEE);
- Strong knowledge of database and file storage concepts, query language and technologies like Hibernate;
- Experience working in Unix/Linux/Mac OS X environment;
- Knowledge of software best practices like TDD, design patterns and continuous integration;
- Knowledge of modern web servers (Tomcat, Jetty);
- Knowledge of software development life cycle;
- Experience with teamwork tools such as git/Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins/Bamboo, Confluence.
- Experience to build reliable multithreaded applications;
- Experience in developing web services with high load (20K+ QPS) is a bold plus;
- Knowledge in Ad Serving, Affiliate marketing or Real-time bidding areas is a bold plus;
- Knowledge of Applied math (Mathematical optimization, Mathematical statistics, Probability theory, Approximation theory, Graph theory) is a bold plus;
- Experience with network diagnostic and traffic simulation tools (JMeter, soapUI) is a plus;
- Experience with performance testing is a plus;
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent, MS is a plus;
- Experience with Big Data: Hadoop, Spark is a plus.
- Must have analytical abilities with trouble-shooting skills;
- Result-oriented with attention to details;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- English reading/writing – Intermediate;
- A willingness to do what it takes to get things done;
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies;
- Ability to work independently within development team.
- Competitive salary;
- 24 – day paid vacation, 100% paid sick leave;
- 8 – hour working day and 5 – day working week;
- Medical insurance;
- An interesting work on long term projects in friendly team;
- Prospects of career growth.
If the description sounds good for you and matches your experience, please apply!