Quick Start Guide
This guide covers the overall structure, user interface, and key features of the Epom Ad Server. If you would like to find a more detailed description for a particular feature, please feel free to follow the links in this guide.
Once you obtain credentials of your account you can login:
- As a Network Supervisor to manage the entire ad network.
- As a Network Manager to set up your ad campaigns, check performance, manage Advertisers and Publishers, etc.
Now, let's take a closer look at the Network Supervisor and Network Manager accounts.
Once you log in to your account, you will see the following Menu on the left:
- User's Management allows you to create, delete, or edit user accounts in your network, and also sign in using a certain account type.
- User Roles & Permissions allow Network Supervisor to add new roles in your network and to manage what actions and features are available to a certain account type.
- White Label Preferences allows you to insert basic information about your company and submit a logo to brand all your ads.
- REST APIs Reference tools for obtaining various data via Application Program Interface.
- Optimization Settings cover the default optimization setup for campaigns and banners in your network.
- Inventory & Campaign Settings include several system-wide settings for sites' and advertisers' moderation, default pricing model and third-party tracking.
- Inventory Categories provide an option to manage the categories of your Publishers.
- Advertising Categories provide an option to manage the categories of your Advertisers.
- System Banner Templates interface allows you to manage the set of banner templates available to your network's users.
- Rules pane allows you to create and manage the Rules in your network.
The Network Manager administers Publishers and Advertisers. It is the main account for daily operations: managing ad campaigns and inventory, performance analysis, and campaign optimization. The account can be accessed either directly from the login page or from the User's Management interface of a Network Supervisor account.
Once you log into the Network Manager account you can see a ribbon on the top. It consists of the following navigation tabs:
Here's a brief overview of these tabs:
- The Dashboard tab. In this tab you can see your current widgets and add new ones.
- The Publishers tab contains all the websites where you show ads and allows you to manage them.
- The Advertisers tab contains all Advertisers who provide you with ads and allows you to manage them.
- The Analytics tab allows you to run reports on your ad serving activity.
- The Actions tab includes tools for tracking Conversions in your network.
- The Shares tab allows you to transmit your Sites to Advertisers, Publishers, and others.
- The Templates tab covers available Banner Templates.
- The Preferences tab allows you to manage your account settings, i.e. change your personal data and password, share access to your website, configure system notifications, etc.
Now let's create a new Campaign with a Banner for Site Placement. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Advertisers tab and click the Add Advertiser button.
- Fill in the general information about the Advertiser and click Save.
- Select the Advertiser you created and click the Add Campaign button.
- Fill in the Name of your Campaign and click Save.
- Select the Campaign and click the Add Banner for Site Placement button.
- Fill out the form that appears and upload a banner image or a flash file.
- Choose the Ad Unit from the list.
- Specify the URL of the landing page that the Banner will lead to if it is clicked.
That's it - you have now created your first banner!
Now, let's provide the Banner to the Publisher. To do this, a new Site Placement for a website should be created, and its Invocation Code should be added to the Publisher's website(s). Please follow the steps bellow to do this:
- Go to the Publishers tab and click the Add Site button.
- Click the Add Site button.
- Fill out the form that appears and click Save.
- Select the Site you added and click the Add Zone button.
- Fill out the Zone form and click Save.
- Select the Zone you added and click the Add Site Placement button.
- Site Placement
- Non-standard Placement
- Mobile Site Placement
- Application Placement
- E-mail Placement
- Click-Through Placement
- Go to the Advertisers tab and select the Advertiser > Campaign > Banner you have created previously.
- Scroll down to the Placements pane and click Site > Zone > Placement.
- Select the checkbox next to the Placement you created to link the Banner to it:
- Click Save.
To confirm that the Banner was added successfully, you can go to the Publishers tab, select the Site > Zone > Placement to which you've just linked the banner, and check if it is now available in the Banner's Probability section:
All the Banners that will be added to this Placement in future will be displayed in that section as well.
That's it! Now the Banner will appear on all the web pages where the corresponding Invocation Code was inserted.
As soon as the Banner is displayed for the first time, Epom will start tracking its analytical information. To see this information, navigate to the Analytics tab run an analytics report.
You can search for Banners, Placements, or any other elements within your account via the Search function. For this, please enter entity name or #ID (e.g., my_banner or #123).
If you would like to find out a more detailed description for a particular item, please feel free to browse through the articles using the side menu on the right, or use Search.
Need more help?
Should you require any additional help with our solutions, do not hesitate to contact Epom technical support at email@example.com. Our support managers are dedicated to resolving any issues and providing you with solutions and support if you face difficulties or have questions.